Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In memorium...


Cyclist down. Words no person should ever have to see...
Last night a life was taken by a motorist on 700 East near 800 South. While riding with a group of friends, Brynn Barton, was struck and pronounced dead upon EMT arrival on the scene. The driver is suspected to have been driving a dark colored Volkswagen, and I say "suspected" because the coward ran off, so keep an eye out!
In memory of this accident a ghost bike has been placed at the Southwest corner of 700 East and 800 South. We ask that cyclists passing by place flowers, chains, or whatever you please in memory of this fallen cyclist.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-4636, reference case 11-91175.  Callers may remain anonymous. Press release available on the Salt Lake City Police Dept website. Driver was in a 1998-2001 dark or black Volkswagen Passat.

8 comments:

  1. Truly heartbreaking. My heart goes out to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to whoever put up the ghost bike memorial. I'll be stopping by with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I did not know Brynn Barton, my heart goes out to her family and friends, as well as others who have experienced the loss of a loved one at any time in their life as a result of car-bicycle accidents. My hope is that people will realize the responsibility of driving a vehicle and how much damage can be caused if not taken seriously. Whether that be between a bicycle, a pedestrian, another car, and so forth.

    May you Rest In Peace Brynn Barton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solidarity ride @ 9pm. Meet at the southwest corner on 700E and 800S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I wasn't leaving a comment on a post like this, but the grim reality is that I am. It breaks my heart that something like this could happen. There really is no way to feel better in times like these. My heart and deepest sympathies go to Brynn's friends and family. I did not know her, but she was on a bike, which makes her a friend of mine. The only thing that gives me any sort of peace is the deep belief that karma exists, and she is a bitch. May she take care of this asshole driver in the way she best sees fit. To all who knew her, may your hearts be at peace. Know that there are hundreds of people who support you and are there with you in your times of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Drk Volkswagen driver, own up and you might get you soul back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also express my deepest sympathies to the friends and family of Brynn Barton. I did not know her, but since she was riding a bike I consider her a friend who I did not get a chance to meet. I have tears in my eyes and a heavy heart this morning.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?